The next step in the never ending saga. Alright after some poking and proding I have gone back to using AllMusic. While using the TowerRecords site gave me a more accurate search the underlying metadata was pretty bad. As I said before they were not even consistent in genre naming. I also know that other people will want to use the AMG info to add more metadata.
The New Theory
1. Search for the Artist Key
2. Do a string compare on the artist name and research if low.
3. Load the artist discography
4. Do a string compare of each album in the database to the discography
5. Load the album page and populate the metadata